What is the Interim Payment for i-Sinar Category 2 Facility?
Under the i-Sinar Programme, those applying under Category 2 will be able to access their savings in Account 1 upon submission of relevant documents to the EPF. With the imposition of the Movement Control Order (MCO) due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases as well as flood incidents in several states in Malaysia, the Interim Payment for i-Sinar Category 2 Facility provides short term, fast financial assistance of up to RM1,000 to applicants while waiting for their applications to be approved and verified by the EPF.
Who is eligible for the Interim Payment for i-Sinar Category 2 Facility?
Note: Members eligible under Category 1 are automatically approved through EPF’s existing database and are not subject to providing additional documents. Hence, Category 1 recipients are not eligible for the i-Sinar Interim Payment as the full fund transfer will be processed without requiring additional verification process.
- EPF Members applying for the i-Sinar facility under Category 2 will be eligible for the i-Sinar Interim Payment of up to RM1,000.
- The amount will be deducted from the subsequent first payment once the relevant documents submitted under the i-Sinar Category 2 application have been and verified and approved.
How do I apply for the Interim Payment for i-Sinar Category 2 Facility?
- During the application process for i-Sinar Category 2, the applicant is required to undergo a simple self-declaration process and upload the relevant supporting documents on the i-Sinar Website
- Once the member has successfully submitted all documents and completed the self-declaration process, the Interim Payment will be transferred to the applicant’s bank account while the applicant waits for the application to be approved and verified by the EPF.
- The member will receive the balance of their i-Sinar facility once the approval process is completed.
- Members can apply for i-Sinar through the i-Sinar Website.
- For further information, members can visit i-Sinar FAQ Page.